Roller Shades are one of the most commonly selected window treatments in both residential and commercial applications because of their simple and functional operation. The materials available can create a natural organic ambience, a modern atmosphere, or an elegant environment when combined with other treatments. In addition to providing a cosmetic design element, Roller Shade materials can reduce solar heat gain, assist in daylighting, and provide privacy or blackout features. Some advanced materials even have low emissivity (LowE) properties that improve thermal performance. Roller Shades can also be installed to the exterior side of windows and doors where their solar performance is amplified by collecting solar heat before it passes through the glazing.
Roller Shades can be operated manually or motorized, and hidden easily within ceiling pockets beneath closure plates. WPM offers architects and designers full-service design and specification support, where we recommend the product and materials based on our client’s design objectives. Additionally, we provide all the dimensional information needed to plan for the product introduction into the building envelope.
Services Specific to Roller Shades:
- Research the project and recommend the appropriate manufacturer’s solution
- Meet with the design team to select the appropriate shade material
- Meet with the design team to select the appropriate operating system, including motors
- Make integration recommendations when third party controls are being considered
- Provide samples for the design team to show their client
- Provide cost estimates to complete the installation
- Write detailed Division 12 specifications based on the final selection
- Provide dimensional information to build shades into the building envelope
- Work directly with other subcontractors to assist them in preparing for the shades